2013 TRASH COLLECTION AND RECYCLING GUIDELINES
Please keep a copy at your Eagles Mere home for renters and/or visitors.
These guidelines are also available on the eaglesmere.org website.
2013 Spring Cleanup weekend June 14-16th
Trash billing is mailed in mid-April and payment of $150 is due May 1st.
TRASH PICKUP SCHEDULE-
SEPTEMBER THROUGH JUNE – MONDAY ONLY
JULY & AUGUST---MONDAY & THURSDAY(If trash day falls on a Holiday, pickup will be rescheduled. We will try to post it on the eaglesmere.org website if time allows.
- All trash must be in TRASH bags, no heavier than 30 lbs, and closed securely. Small (grocery) bags will be counted per bag if placed separately at the curb. Trash Cans containing multiple small bags should be lined with a trash bag and tied. If placed in the can individually the trash collector counts them as separate bags.
- Bags need to be placed at the street curb or designated site before 8AM for some residents on pickup day(s) or they will not be picked up. If placed at the curb the night before, bags must be placed in trash cans with locked tight lids (Please use a tarp strap if yours don't have locking lids.) Trash collectors are not responsible for the cleanup of scattered trash.
- When more than one family or business is using a pick-up site, please place a name tag or sticker on YOUR bags. This helps curtail illegal dumping and proper count of bags collected for each.
- Remove trash and recycling receptacles from the curb after pick-up.
- Do not place bags or cans curbside during a snowstorm. The trash collector also plows the streets and cannot do both at the same time. If a winter storm or other event prohibits trash pickup, please wait to put your trash out after the streets have been cleared or on the next working week day. If you use white bags, place them in a can or be sure they are visible in the snow.
- If you have a curbside trash box be sure to keep it clear of snow & ice to assure pick-up. Hang a bright colored ribbon or other obvious marker from the box to notify the trash collector(s) to stop, otherwise they will not stop to check it.
RECYCLING SCHEDULE January 2013 pickup will be on Wednesday the 2nd.
Regularly scheduled Recycling pickups:
October through April -1st Tuesday only.
May through September - 1st and 3rd Tuesdays only each month.
If bad weather or holidays prohibit a regularly scheduled recycling pick‑up NTSWA doesn’t reschedule. They collect glass, aluminum, tin, newspapers, magazines, junk mail & cardboard.
Place rinsed & separated recycling at curbside. If blue recycling boxes are not available, any similar weather resistant container can be used. (old clothes baskets, crate boxes, etc.).
Remove plastic, metal rings and lids from glass containers.
Crush aluminum and tin cans if possible.
Bundle & tie newspaper, magazines or cardboard. Note: place paper recyclables in plastic bags or cover with plastic if there is precipitation on collection day. Wet items will be left at curbside.
Sort & Bag junk mail separately.
These guidelines will ensure more timely pick‑ups, discourage animals from scattering trash and avoid ordinance violations. Thank you for helping keep our community clean & green.